FREE ELECTRONIC LIBRARY - Abstracts, books, theses

Pages:     | 1 |   ...   | 60 | 61 || 63 | 64 |   ...   | 75 |

«Legal Notice This SC&RA Oversize/Overweight Permit Manual is intended only to provide concise, easily read information, useful in planning movements of ...»

-- [ Page 62 ] --

If traveling on the Milwaukee expressway greater than legal width, height or length* the vehicle may not be operated (except on US 45 between West Florist Avenue and West Hampton Avenue and on I-94 between

Waukesha line and 108th Street):

Between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. and between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday.

Between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. and 11 p.m. Friday and Sunday.

*Maximum allowed dimensions on the Milwaukee expressway are 11’ 0” wide, 13’ 06” high or 100’ 00” long.

Inclement Weather - Each spring when the ground thaws, pursuant to Wisconsin Statutes, *s.348.17 and *s.349.16, Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) restricts the travel of vehicles with overweight permits. This is due to the unstable condition of the roadway sub-grade. Permits allowing transport of overweight divisible loads are suspended, while permits relating to non-divisible loads are restricted by route Overweight travel restricted Travel under overweight single trip and multiple trip non-divisible load permit types is restricted on certain roads during spring thaw.

You may continue to transport oversize loads without restriction.


 Overweight travel is not restricted in Milwaukee County on local or state roads.

 Overweight travel is not restricted on any part of the Interstate Highway System (39, 43, 90, 94 and 535).

Lighting requirements An oversize vehicle, or a vehicle with an oversize load operating during the hours of darkness, shall be equipped with the following additional lamps.

A: for a vehicle with a load which extends beyond the width of the vehicle At the outermost extremity of the foremost edge of the projecting load, an amber lamp visible from the front and side At the outermost extremity of the rearmost edge of the projecting load, a red lamp visible from the rear and side Any portion of an overwidth load extending beyond the width of the foremost or rearmost edge of the vehicle of load shall be marked with an amber lamp visible from the front, both sides, and rear If the overwidth portion of a load measures 3 feet or less from the front to rear, that portion shall be marked with a amber lamp visible from the front, both sides and rear, except that if the overwidth WI-5 06/14 SC&RA Oversize/Overweight Permit Manual projection is located at or near the rear it shall be marked by a red lamp visible from the front, both sides, and rear B: for a vehicle with a load which extends more than 4 feet beyond the rear of the vehicle On each side of the projecting load, one red lamp visible from the side, located so as to indicate maximum overhang On the rear of the projecting load, 2 red lamps, visible from the rear, one at each side; and 2 red reflectors visible from the rear, one at each side, located so as to indicate maximum width C: All required lamps shall be illuminated whenever a vehicle is operated during the hours of darkness D: All lamps shall be visible at a distance of 500 feet Flag requirements Each flag shall be solid red or orange in color, and not less than 18 inches square Flags shall be securely fastened by at least one corner or securely mounted on a staff When a vehicle, load, or vehicle and load is overwidth, a flag shall be fastened at each front and rear corner of the load. In addition, if any part of the load is more than 4 inches wider than the width of load or vehicle at the front or rear, than a flag shall be placed at the widest point of the load When a vehicle, load, or vehicle and load is overlength, a single flag shall be fastened at the extreme rear of the load if the overlength or projecting portion is 2 feet wide or less When a vehicle, load, or vehicle and load is overlength 2 flags shall be fastened at the rear of the load to indicate maximum width if the overlength or projecting portion is wider than 2 feet Sign requirements When a vehicle, load, or vehicle and load is more than 10 feet wide or is overlength, 2 warning signs shall be displayed. One sign shall be fastened at the front of the power unit and the other at either the rear of the towed unit or at the rear of the load.

Each sign shall state, in black letters on a yellow background “OVERSIZE LOAD” and may not be less than 7 feet long and 18 inches high. The letters of the sign may not be less than 10 inches high with a brush stroke of not less than 1.4 inches.

The sign message may not be displayed when the vehicle is not operating under a permit.

Warning lamps

When required by a permit, warning lamps shall be operated as follows:

All amber flashing or revolving warning lamps shall have a reflector at least 6 inches in diameter and shall be bright enough to be clearly visible and attention-attracting at a distance of 500 feet under all conditions when the load is on the highway, except when visibility is obstructed by a hillcrest, a curve, or an object such as another vehicle All warning lamps shall flash at a rate of 30 to 90 times per minute Strobe lamps may be used in lieu of flashing or revolving lamps Warning lamps may not be operated when a vehicle is not operating under a permit Permit Information Required — Tractor and trailer information; load description; load dimensions;

overall dimensions; net weight; gross weight; a axle weights; axle spacings; origin and destination; routes to be traveled; effective dates.


Single Trip — All non-divisible loads dimensions and weights only limited by routes and axle weights. Valid for 14 days valid for 1 trip only.

Multiple Trip — Non-divisible, non-mobile home - More than one trip (vehicle may not exceed 100' in length, 14' in width, 16' in height, with axle weights depending on the number of axles and axle spacings).

Divisible - Many permits for a wide variety of commodities - logs, harvest produce, recyclable scrap, etc.

Dimensions, weights and operating areas vary by statute. New: Wind tower multiple trip permit. Valid from 3 months to 12 months no limit on number of trips.

There are two types of trip permits in Wisconsin: 72-hour trip permit and unladen trip permit.

72-hour trip permits Wisconsin’s 72-hour trip permits authorize one round-trip into and out of Wisconsin. For vehicles registered in Iowa, Michigan, and Minnesota, a trip permit is needed beyond the reciprocity zones.

Only applicants wishing to move vehicles into Wisconsin that are not registered in Wisconsin nor enrolled into either IRP or IFTA are eligible for 72-hour trip permits. Applicants who want to move unregistered vehicles within or out of Wisconsin are not eligible. The 72-hour trip permit may not be purchased to authorize movement of unregistered vehicles for trips beginning in Wisconsin.

WI-6 06/14 SC&RA Oversize/Overweight Permit Manual Exempt "for hire" carriers operating intrastate must have Wisconsin authority and insurance on file prior to obtaining a trip permit.

US Department of Transportation exempt "for hire" carriers must have Wisconsin authority and insurance on file prior to obtaining a trip permit.

Most applicants buy both registration and fuel, but the temporary registration and the in-lieu-of fuel tax portions may be purchased separately. The fee for each part is $15, for a total of $30 if both are purchased.

An online convenience fee of $0.50 is charged. All major credit cards are accepted: American Express, Discover, Master Card or Visa.

Unladen trip permits An unladen trip permit is issued to owner-operators hunting for a lessee. This permit is issued to the power unit and allows for operation at unladen (empty) weight only. The permit is valid for 30 days from the time and date on the permit, and the fee is $15, plus an online convenience fee of $0.50. All major credit cards are accepted: American Express, Discover, Master Card or Visa.


The following fees have been established:

Motor carrier credentials: Current fee IFTA (Intl Fuel Tax Agreement) decals $2 (for 2 decals) IFTA license new application (1 year) $3 + $15 application fee IFTA renewal $3 + $2/set of decals IRP fees plate & cab card $3 plate & $3 cab card IRP vehicle registration $-- (Varies according to mileage & weight.)

Heavy Vehicle Use Tax:

Unified carrier registration (UCR) Varies according to number in fleet Local carriage (LC) carrier $500 (one time fee) Bus on fixed route carrier (PC) $50 (one time fee)

–  –  –


Labeling — Oversize load signs are required when specified on the permit, and must have dimensions of 5' wide x 12” high. The sign must have a yellow or amber background with black letters at least 10" high with a 1.5" brush stroke. Signs must be mounted on the roof of the escort vehicle (See Administrative Code Trans 252) WI-7 06/14 SC&RA Oversize/Overweight Permit Manual Red flags 18" square must be displayed on all overdimensional and overweight loads, and located on all four comers and all extremities.

Vehicles over 16' in width must have two escorts in attendance. The escort vehicles must have amber flashing lights equipped atop the cars. Escort needs are specified for overlength and excessive height vehicles on the permit.

Certification – Pilot Car Escort Certification is not currently required.

FINES Overdimension Only: For the first conviction in a year, the fine will range between $50 and $200.

Overweight Fines: For the first conviction in a year, the fine will be plus costs, plus the following:

–  –  –

Fines are assessed based on the permit weight. Operators may be fined for either over axle or over gross, whichever produces the greater fine. If overload does not exceed 1000 lbs., driver or may shift the load and avoid penalty, or pay a $50 penalty to continue travel if he does not shift the load.


City of Milwaukee — Rush hour restrictions exist; operators must contact the city’s permit office at (414) 278-3311.

No vehicle in excess of 16 feet may operate on the Interstate unless the permit contains a special condition authorizing movement with a greater width upon the interstate system.

No self-propelled carry-all scraper may be operated under their own power on the Interstate, on the Milwaukee expressway system or on U.S. 41 between Milwaukee and Green Bay.

A permit issued by DOT for a movement which is partly on the state trunk highway system and partly on other classes of highways is valid only on state highways except for permits issued for mobile homes, which are valid on all roadways.

Moving heavy equipment at railroad grade crossings.

No railroad rule.


Port Of Entry-Duluth, MN and Superior, WI

–  –  –


Permits can be ordered online, by contacting a commercial permit service, through the mail, or at the public service counter.

Mail Applications can be found on our forms page Fill out proper application There is a minimum 10-day turnaround time for mailed applications Permit will be returned by mail

Mail in your completed application and fees to:

WI. Dept of Transportation Permit Unit P.O. Box 7980 Madison WI. 53707-7980

Overnight mail must be directed to:

WI Dept. of Transportation Permit Unit 4802 Sheboygan Ave., Rm. 151 Madison, WI 53705 Office hours are 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F Public counter (no service fee) You may obtain a permit by coming in to our permit counter in Madison. Counter hours are Monday through Friday 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Be sure to bring a completed application, or all the information required to complete an application Payment required with application Applications can be found on our forms page We are located in room 151 just off the main lobby in the Hill Farms State Transportation Building, 4802 Sheboygan Ave. Madison WI. Directions to Hill Farms State Transportation Building.

If you have questions:

E-mail: oversize-permits.dmv@dot.wi.gov Call: (608) 266-7320 FAX: (608) 264-7751

Write to the address below:

Wisconsin Department of Transportation Motor Carrier Services PO Box 7980 Madison WI 53707-7980

In order to use the online system you must have the following:

You must have an established Permit Customer account with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, OSOW Permit Unit. If you do not have one or do not know if you have one, you may contact the OSOW permit unit at (608) 266-7320 to set up your account.

At this time Wisconsin's OSOW automated issuance system is not compatible with Microsoft's Vista operating system or Mozilla Firefox's web browser.

You will then need to set up electronic security for your account (in the form of a Wisconsin User ID and password) via the online State of Wisconsin Web Access Management System (WAMS). Your Wisconsin user ID is the "key" to several Wisconsin electronic business applications, including OSOW.

Follow the below instructions to setup and activate your (WAMS) account.

Log on to WAMS and click on "self-registration."

Complete the initial registration page.

You will immediately receive an e-mail link for you to complete the second part of the registration. You must complete the second part within 48 hours or you will have to start the whole registration process over. When you complete step 3, you will receive a congratulatory e-mail message. You are not done yet. Go on to step 4.

WI-9 06/14 SC&RA Oversize/Overweight Permit Manual E-mail the following information attention: Ed or Kendra.

Company name/or individual’s name if not incorporated Permit customer number Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a federal tax identification number.

First and last name of employee as it was submitted to WAMS User ID from step 2 of WAMS registration E-mail address for the employee as it was submitted Phone number After the registration process is complete (usually within 24 hours) you will receive an e-mail with a link to the secure Web site and general instructions to get started.

The Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association is pleased to publish this Oversize/ Overweight Permit Manual. Each state analysis includes information in a standardized format: contact, legal limits, special permit limits, general restrictions, types of permits available, fees, escort needs, fines, and restricted travel areas. Telephone numbers, locations, and hours of operation are listed for ports of entry and permit branches. However, readers are always advised to check with the state offices on current laws and procedures. This project could not have been completed without the advice and consultation of many state officials. We thank all of those who provided permit manuals, maps, laws, regulations, and various other forms of documentation.

Legal Notice This SC&RA Oversize/Overweight Permit Manual is intended only to provide concise, easily read information, useful in planning movements of overdimensional and overweight loads. This Permit Manual is not intended to be an accurate summary of all the applicable laws and regulations. Users of the Permit Manual should confirm the information contained herein before dispatching vehicles and loads. The SC&RA cautions Permit Manual users that state laws and regulations are subject to change without notice, and that some time elapses between the effective date of such changes and the amendment of the Permit Manual to reflect those changes. The SC&RA assumes no responsibility for accident, injury, loss or claim, penalties or any other damage resulting from reliance on the contents of this Permit Manual.

–  –  –

WY-2 11/14 SC&RA Oversize/Overweight Permit Manual


General - All loads over legal limits must contact the ports of entry prior to entering the state.

Permits are valid for four days. Travel is permitted from one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset, seven days a week, except on major holidays. Vehicles/loads requiring escorts may not travel on major holidays or holiday weekends.

Pages:     | 1 |   ...   | 60 | 61 || 63 | 64 |   ...   | 75 |

Similar works:

«Washington Property Law for Unmarried Couples Who Are Separating September 2010 Table of Contents Section 1: Introduction Section 2: Basic Standards Applying to Property and Debts A. My domestic partner and I have been together for many years, but we’ve never been married. Does Washington State have common law marriage? B. Can a court divide our property and debts if we’re not married? C. What relationships are considered “marriage-like”? D. Can you give examples of a...»

«UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF NEW HAMPSHIRE Lys Ann Weiss v. Civil No. 13-cv-376-LM Opinion No. 2014 DNH 221 Dartmouth College ORDER The Plaintiff, Lys Ann Weiss, was – and remains – employed by the Defendant, Dartmouth College. In this lawsuit, Ms. Weiss alleges that she was the victim of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of her age and gender, and that her superiors retaliated against her for voicing her concerns. Now, Dartmouth has filed a motion for...»

«© F A R Bennion Website: www.francisbennion.com Doc. No. 2006.015 15 Com L (April 2006) 17 Any footnotes are shown at the bottom of each page For full version of abbreviations click ‘Abbreviations’ on FB’s website. Page 17 Separation of Powers in Written and Unwritten Constitutions Francis Bennion This article was prompted by an interesting survey by an Irish judge contained in a recent issue of this journal, “Socio-economic Litigation and the Separation of Powers” by Adrian...»

«RATING OF SITE VALUES REPORT ON A PILOT SURVEY AT WHITSTABLE RATING AND VALUATION ASSOCIATION The Association Founded in 1882. Professional membership 3,000, drawn from valuers in central and local government, rating officers, rating surveyors in private practice and clerks of valuation panels. In addition to circulating technical books and papers to its members and others, the Association organises national and regional conferences, provides a legal advice service, holds professional...»

«2013 BNH 008 Note: This is an unreported opinion. Refer to LBR 1050-1 regarding citation. UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT DISTRICT OF NEW HAMPSHIRE In re: Bk. No. 12-11392-JMD Chapter 13 Jared I. Stevens, Debtor Robert M. Moore Moore Devlin Law, PLLC 530 Chestnut Street; Suite 2D Manchester, NH Attorney for Debtor Carl E. D’Angio, Jr. D’Angio Law Office 11 Spring Street Waltham, MA Attorney for Creditor Peter Gazzara MEMORANDUM OPINION I. INTRODUCTION The Court has before it creditor Peter...»

«No. 110,350 IN THE COURT OF APPEALS OF THE STATE OF KANSAS STATE OF KANSAS, Appellee, v. NELSON GLOVER, Appellant. SYLLABUS BY THE COURT 1. In light of a district court's discretion to withdraw a presentence guilty plea for good cause under K.S.A. 2013 Supp. 22-3210(d)(1), appellate courts review such an order under an abuse of discretion standard. 2. Abuse of discretion means that the decision was (1) arbitrary, fanciful, or unreasonable; (2) based on an error of law; or (3) based on an error...»

«UNJUST FACTORS OR LEGAL GROUND? ABSENCE OF BASIS AND THE ENGLISH LAW OF UNJUST ENRICHMENT Nathalie Neumayer* Traditionally, there are two main approaches to enrichment by transfer, the common law ‘unjust factors’ approach and the civilian ‘absence of basis’ approach. In the aftermath of the so-called ‘swaps cases’, Peter Birks proclaimed the dethronement of the unjust factors in the English system, said that English law has embraced a German-style absence of basis approach, and...»

«THE FALLOUT OF NIGERIA’S ANTI-GAY LAW AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE FUTURE FOR LGBTI PERSONS AND COMMUNITIES Chiedu Chike Ifekandu Homosexuality is presently criminalised in 38 out of the 47 African countries, with sentences ranging from fines to imprisonment (3 months to 14 years); in some Islamic states homosexuality is even punishable by death. In parts of northern Nigeria, where Islamic Sharia law is enforced, gays and lesbians can be legally stoned to death. Over the past decade an...»

«DOCUMENT RESUME ED 320 561 IR 014 477 AUTHOR Hoelscher, Karen J. TITLE Bridging the Classroom and the Real World: A Videodisc Implementation Study at Harvard Law School. PUB DATE Apr 90 NOTE 51p.; Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research A3sociation (Boston, MA, April 16-20, 1990). Tables (p.44-51) contain small blurred type. PUB TYPE Reports Research/Technical (143) -Speeches /Conference Papers (150) EDRS PRICE MFO1 Plus Postage. PC Not Available from EDRS....»

«Post Office Box 540774 122 C St. N.W., Ste. 640 Post Office Box 11108 Orlando, FL 32854-0774 Washington, DC 20005 Lynchburg, VA 24506-1108 Telephone: 800$671$1776 Telephone: 202$289$1776 Telephone: 434$592$7000 Facsimile: 407$875$0770 Facsimile: 202$216$9656 Facsimile: 434$592$7700 www.LC.org liberty@LC.org May 1, 2015 By Electronic Mail Only Dean Donald Painter Polk State College 3425 Winter Lake Road Lakeland, Florida 33803 dpainter@polk.edu RE: Unconstitutional hostility toward Christianity...»

«No. 172 April 27, 2016 811 IN THE COURT OF APPEALS OF THE STATE OF OREGON LARISA’S HOME CARE, LLC, an Oregon limited liability company, Plaintiff-Respondent, v. Karen NICHOLS-SHIELDS, the duly appointed Personal Representative of the Estate of Isabell Prichard, Deceased, Defendant-Appellant. Washington County Circuit Court C124865CV; A154950 Janelle F. Wipper, Judge. Argued and submitted December 9, 2014. Hafez Daraee argued the cause and filed the briefs for appellant. Ross A. Day argued the...»

«com Disclosures How to Make Effective Disclosures in Digital Advertising Federal Trade Commission | March 2013 Contents Overview................................................... i Introduction.................................................1 The Applicability of FTC Law to Online Advertising................2 Clear and Conspicuous Disclosures in Online Advertisements......4...»

<<  HOME   |    CONTACTS
2017 www.sa.i-pdf.info - Abstracts, books, theses

Materials of this site are available for review, all rights belong to their respective owners.
If you do not agree with the fact that your material is placed on this site, please, email us, we will within 1-2 business days delete him.