«Certified Bank Trainer Course Rules & Syllabus 2014 INTRODUCTION Trainers are needed in all banks and financial institutions to help them to translate ...»
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF BANKING & FINANCE
(An ISO 9001 - 2008 CERTIFIED ORGANISATION)
Kohinoor City, Commercial-II, Tower-1, 2nd Floor, Kirol Road, Kurla (West), Mumbai - 400 070
Web-site : www.iibf.org.in
Certified Bank Trainer Course
Rules & Syllabus 2014
Trainers are needed in all banks and financial institutions to help them to translate
their vision and mission into reality. More and more people are expected to join the banking sector in the coming years, calling for a massive thrust on training to onboard the large number of new recruits and also to reorient the existing personnel to take up new assignments to meet the ever increasing challenges in the banking field.
The Institute has taken an initiative along with NIBM to develop highly professional trainers for training establishments at banks, bank training institutes and financial institutions. This course will impart the necessary set of training skills to trainers enabling them to be effective in their training function. The focus of the course is on faculty development which includes presentation skills, comprehension ability, conceptualization, creativity, conduct and control over the class.
- To develop a cadre of professional faculty to function in training establishments of banks, bank training institutes and financial institutions.
- To inculcate advanced skills for handling training in emerging areas in banking & finance.
OUTCOME FROM THE COURSE
1. Identify the characteristics of an exceptional trainer.
2. Understand /identify different learning styles
3. Become a successful trainer
4. Deliver training effectively.
METHODOLOGY :Course will have two components viz.,
a) Online examination in 2 subjects for 100 marks each based on specially designed courseware
b) Classroom Learning for 5 days in Mumbai or at pre-announced centres.
For details of Classroom Learning, Course Structure & Delivery, refer page 4.
Members of the Institute who are :
- Existing faculty at training institutes of banks and financial institutions.
- Officers identified to function as faculty in banks and financial institutions.
- Officers aspiring to become faculty at training institutes of banks and financial institutions.
SUBJECTS OF EXAMINATION
1. Human Resource Management
EXAMINATION FEESFor Members `6,742/-* For two attempts * Inclusive of 12.36% Service Tax (Reg. No. AAATT3309DSD002)
MEDIUM OF EXAMINATIONExamination will be conducted in English only
PATTERN OF EXAMINATION(i) Question Paper will contain approximately 120 objective type multiple choice questions (ii) Examination will be of 2 hours duration (iii) The examination will be held in Online Mode only
PERIODICITY AND EXAMINATION CENTRESThe Examination will be conducted normally twice a year in June and December on Sundays.
List of Centres available on the web site.
PASSING CRITERIA(i) Pass : Minimum marks for pass in every subject - 50 out of 100 marks.
(ii) Candidate securing at least 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects of examination in a single attempt will also be declared as Pass.
(iii) Candidates will be allowed to retain credits for the subject they have passed in a attempt till the expiry of the time limit for passing the examination as mentioned
TIME LIMIT FOR PASSING THE EXAMINATION(i) Candidates will be required to pass the examination within a time limit of 1 year (i.e. 2 consecutive attempts). Candidate will have to pay examination fee for a block of one year i.e. for two attempts.
(ii) Candidates not able to pass examination within stipulated time period of one year are required to re-enroll themselves afresh by submitting a fresh Examination Application Form. Such candidates will not be granted credit for subject passed, if any, earlier.
(iii) Attempts will be counted from the date of application irrespective of whether a candidate makes a physical appearance at any examination or otherwise.
“CLASS OF PASS” CRITERIA (i) The Institute will consider the FIRST PHYSICAL ATTEMPT of the candidate at the online examination and Classroom Learning as first attempt for awarding class. In other words, the candidate should not have attempted any of the subject/s pertaining to the concerned examination and classroom learning any time in the past and has to pass all the subjects as per the passing criteria and secure prescribed marks for awarding class. Candidate re-enrolling for the examination after exhausting all permissible attempts as per the time limit rule will not be considered for awarding class.
(ii) First Class : 60% or more marks in aggregate and pass in all the subjects including Classroom Learning in the FIRST PHYSICAL ATTEMPT.
(iii) First Class with Distinction : 70% or more marks in aggregate and 60% or more marks in each subject including Classroom Learning in the FIRST PHYSICAL ATTEMPT.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR EXAMINATIONApplication for examination should be made through online from the Institute's website www.iibf.org.in. Online Application will be activated on the Institute's web site before last date for applying which is normally 3 to 4 months before the date of examination. For details visit web site of the Institute.
STUDY MATERIAL / COURSEWAREThe Institute has developed a courseware to cover the syllabus. Candidates are advised to make full use of the courseware and also the updates put on the IIBF website from time to time. However, as banking and finance fields are dynamic, rules and regulations witness rapid changes. Hence, candidates should keep themselves updated on latest developments by going through Master Circulars issued by RBI, visiting the websites of organizations like RBI, IBA etc. The Institute has published a study books entitled Trainers' Handbook to facilitate study and that book will be available at outlets / showrooms / distributors of M/s. Taxmann Publication Pvt. Ltd.
The price of each book and detailed list of outlets is mentioned below.
Candidates may purchase directly from outlets / showrooms / distributors of M/s.
Taxmann Publication Pvt. Ltd. Candidates who purchase books directly from outlets of publishers will be offered a discount of 20% on the cost price of the book. Candidates desirous of purchasing books by post will not be offered any discount. However, the postage will be borne by publishers. Candidates would be required to send their indent to publishers' outlet along with a Demand Draft for the cost of books. The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of M/s. Taxmann Publication Pvt. Ltd. (Cheques will not be accepted). Candidates are requested NOT to send any request for the purchase of books to the Institute's Zonal Offices / Corporate Office.
Name of the Book Price `425/Trainers' Handbook (Covering both the papers for the examination viz. 1. Human Resource Management and 2. Training)
ADDRESSES OF TAXMANN PUBLICATION PVT. LTD.
BRANCHES & SHOWROOMSJaina Book Agency Krishna Law House 649-A, Girgaum Road, Dhobi Talao, 35-36, Gokhale Market, Mumbai - 400 002 Opp. Tis Hazari Court, Delhi -110 054 Tel. : 22012143, 22018485 Tel. : 23969866, 23919317 Asia Law House Book Corporation Shop No. 10, Aiyangar Plaza, 108, Nandan Complex, Between UTI & Central Bank Near Mithkhali Rly. Crossing, Bank Street Kothi, Mithakhali, Ahmedabad - 380006 Hyderabad - 500 095 Tel. : 6465385 Tel. : 24742324 Puliani & Puliani Standard Book Distributors Ground Floor, Sujatha Complex, 104, Labh Complex, 12-B, 1st Cross Gandhinagar, Sattar Taluka Society, Bangalore - 560 009 Opp.Old High Court Rd., Tel. : 2265500, 2254052 Ahmedabad - 380 014 Modern Law House Tel. : 7540731,7540732 1/1, A. D. A. Flat, Student Book Centre (Near Bishop Johnson School), 527, Kalbadevi Road, M. G. Marg, Allahabad - 211001 Opp. Edward Cinema, Tel. : 2560700, 2560616 Mumbai - 400 002 Arora Law Agency Tel. : 22050510, 22080668 Shivala Road, Hussainpura, Amritsar - 143 001 Commercial House Tel. : 2584548 149, Rajendra Market, Commercial Book House Opp. Tis Hazari Court, Delhi - 110 054 LG-2, 23, Aakarshan Bhawan, Tel. : 23947862, 23947863 Anasari Road, Darya Ganj, Book Corporation New Delhi - 110 002 4, R. N. Mukherjee Road, Tel. : 23267860 Kolkata - 700 001 M/s. Taxmann Publication Pvt. Ltd.
Tel. : 22101089, 22206669, 31000405 35, Bodke Building, M.G. Road, Student Agencies (I) Pvt. Ltd. Opp. Mulund Railway Station, 102, Konark Shram, Mulund (West), Mumbai - 400 080 Behind Everest Building, Tel. : 022-25934807/32516684/25644807 156,Tardeo Road, Mumbai - 400 034 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. : 2351334-37 M/s. Taxmann Publication Pvt. Ltd.
C. Sitaraman & Co., 59/32, New Rohtak Road, New Delhi - 110 005 37, Royapettah High Road, Tel. : 011-45562222 Chennai-600 014 E-mail: email@example.com Tel. : 28111516, 28117069, 28113950 M/s. Taxmann Publication Pvt. Ltd.
Law Point 7, Abhinav Arcade, Ground Floor, 6C, R. N. Mukherjee Road, Nr. Bank of Baroda, Pritam Nagar, Opp. Birla Building, Stephen House, Paldi, Ahmedabad - 380 007 Kolkata - 700 011 Cell : 9909984900 Tel. : 22101821 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SYLLABUSThe details of the prescribed syllabus which is indicative are furnished in the booklet.
However, keeping in view the professional nature of examinations, all matters falling within the realm of the subject concerned will have to be studied by the candidate as questions can be asked on all relevant matters under the subject. Candidates appearing for the Examination should particularly prepare themselves for answering questions that may be asked on the latest developments taking place under the various subjects of the said examination although those topics may not have been specifically included in the syllabus. The Institute also reserves to itself the right to vary the syllabus / rules / fee structure from time to time. Any alterations made will be notified from time to time. Further, questions based on current developments in banking and finance may be asked.
Candidates are advised to refer to financial news papers / periodicals more particularly "IIBF VISION" and "BANK QUEST" published by the Institute.
Syllabus for online examination Paper - 1 : Human Resource Management
1) Concepts, Policies and Practices : Fundamentals of HRM; Importance of Human Capital, Management of transformation, New insights into HR Management and contemporary issues, Relationship between HRM and HRD; Structure and Functions, Policies and Practices, Role of HRD professional, Development of HRM in India.
2) Behavioural Dynamics in organizations : Person - Job Fit, Group Dynamics, Group Problem Solving and effectiveness, Leadership and Team building, Change Management, Human Response - Implications of benchmarking;
TQM, BPR, ISO 9000 Series and other techniques for Organizational improvement and Management of Service Industry; Quality Circles. Six Sigma and its implication in organizational development. Organizational Change and Development; Responsibility Charting, Conditions for Optimal Success, Role of Change Agent and Managing Change.
3) HRM in Banks : Traditional Role of Human Resource Department in Banks, Expectations from HR Department, Conflict of new initiatives with work culture and capacity, HRM challenges, Core Banking and HR challenges, Knowledge management in Banks; Need for Knowledge Management, HRM and Information Technology, Information and Database Management, Preparation / updation of Manuals and job cards, Linkage with Educational Institutions.
4) Organizational Communication : Barriers to Communications, Steps for effective communication in the organization.
Paper - 2 : Training
1) Human implications for Organisations : Learning and instructions, Learning Processes, Employee Behaviour, Theories of Motivation and their practical implications, Motivational strategies, Reward and Incentive schemes, job enrichment, job rotation. Employee Development strategies and Techniques.
Psychometric Assessments for skill enhancement and effective performance.
2) Training and Development : Attitude development, Pedagogy vis-à-vis Androgogy, Role and impact of training, Career Path Planning and Counseling, Changing face of Banking, Future of Bank Education.
3) Training Need Assessment, Training requirements, Consultancies, Training projects.
4) Training Methodology; subject matters of Training, Training infrastructure in Banks, Development of soft skills and communications. Techniques, methods, tools, Classroom management.
5) Training impact evaluation; sessions recap, real time informal feedback, measurement and impact evaluation of training over short horizon and medium term horizon.
6) Electronic enabled training systems and techniques; e-learning, virtual learning and self directed learning.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND DELIVERYCertified Bank Trainer course has two parts viz. written examination and class room learning. To be declared successful, a candidate has to secure a minimum of 50%
marks each in both the parts. The steps in completing the course are as under :
1. Study :
A minimum 2 months study of the stipulated courseware is envisaged.
Institute will accept application up to a certain period before the dates of announced exams so as to ensure that the study period is adhered to.
2. Examination :
Candidates will have to appear first for the online examination conducted by IIBF (Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions) and pass the examination.
3. Classroom Learning :
- Candidates who have passed the written examination have to undergo class room learning. This will be offered both in IIBF and NIBM campus.
For this purpose, the candidate, after passing the examination will log on to IIBF website - www.iibf.org.in and select his / her convenient slot for class room learning (5 days) from the pre-determined dates and venue (IIBF or NIBM) put-up on the website by paying the fees prescribed for class room learning to the respective organization where he / she seeks to undergo class room learning.
- During the class room learning, candidates will be assessed (Internal assessment) for class room performance for a total of 50 marks covering presentation ability, classroom management skills, communication, faculty qualities. Candidates who obtain 25 or above marks will be declared as successful.
4. Time Limit for Classroom Learning :
Classroom learning is required to be completed within 15 months from the date of declaration of the online examination results in which the candidate passes.
In case a candidate fails to complete the Class Room Learning either on account of not able to successfully complete the Class Room Learning or by not attending the training for Class Room Learning within the stipulated period of 15 months, the candidate would be required to RE-ENROLL himself for the Online examination foregoing credit for the subject/s passed in the Online examination earlier in case he wants to complete the course.
CLASSROOM LEARNING FEE`22,472/-* Class room learning at IIBF, Leadership centre, Mumbai (Non-residential) `33,000/-* Class room learning at NIBM, Pune (Residential) * Inclusive of 12.36% Service Tax (IIBF - S.T.Reg. No. AAATT3309DSD002)
REFUND OF FEEExamination fee is not refundable. Class room learning fee will not be normally refunded. In case, the refund is effected 25% will be deducted towards administrative charges.
For Registration of Classroom Learning visit www.iibf.org. in or Contact Dr.